enjoy what I enjoy : )

Saturday 8 February 2014

COOL POINTERS; WHAT TO DO WITH YOUR BLACK JEANS?


Good morning all! It's a beautiful Saturday and I am sure that a lot of you have woken up thinking 'What can I do with all me BLVCKJEVNS?!'.. fear not, here is the answer! Today, I'm going to be showing you how to save money on your style! I'm sure a lot of you are working towards a huge shopping trip with your best of friends, but in the mean time, while that dream isn't in sight, I have something a bit more tangible for you! All you need is a pair of scissors and a creative mind/internet. Make sure you have picked your clothes well, you don't want to go ruining your most expensive jeans to date.





Ok.. First of all I grabbed 3 pairs of black jeans that were in the eBay pile and started planning out what I'd do to each pair. I decided on.. a pair of slit knee jeans and a pair of shorts! I also thought I'd chuck in a style tip with the third pair, more down to the fact that I really couldn't think any wider than my 2 chosen styles, but HEY I'm sure you guys can come up with a few more!



So.. Here's the first pair!

£40 Topshop MOTO ( I'd just like to say that I'm an owner of plenty of jeans, they just don't get worn often! They can compete in terms of comfort and price!)

2 GOOD - COMFORT & QUALITY
1 BAD - a TAD too PRICEY




These were actually Laura's jeans! But I wore them a few times.. and ripped them. So they became mine! As they'd already been torn by yours truly, I thought that these jeans could be my perfect guinea pig for my little 'slit-knee' experiment..




Here, I simply put the jeans on nice and snug, then grabbed scissors. I started by cutting two eyeball-sized holes on each knee and thought 'cool, I'm gonna take these off now and cut them sooo neatly and accurately'.. that didn't happen. I just pulled the hole apart and they came out looking cool! I'll have better pictures one day soon (NEW CAMERA SOON I PRAY). You can also cuff the jeans for an added dimension..


Number Two!!!! I present to you..

Some UNKNOWN BLVCKJEVNS! .. These jeans were in an odd condition, I wore them today for the first time in a while across the road to a friends house and they under-performed on every platform! The material felt odd. Weird lines had appeared from where they'd be worn and they were randomly well-ventilated ideal for summer, torture in February. ANYWAY, I don't even know how I acquired these jeans but with all of the above in mind, it was very easy for me to decide that these jeans would be the jeans I'd cut into shorts. Although summer is far away, I still have 3 other pairs of BLVCKJEVNS to wear in the mean time.


£0 - UNKNOWN

0 GOOD
2 BAD - QUALITY & COMFORT




I quickly folded the jeans carefully and then lined them up against my leg. I then took the scissors and made a slight incision in the back of both jean legs. I then brought the jeans to eye-level and cut them as straight as I could! The result was actually awesome and I really can't wait to try these out in the summer!


 They came to the perfect height for me and I've left a tad bit of growing space! Yes, that is a shoe lace and no, I'm not trying to be alternative. The shoe lace is a perfectly adequate substitute for a belt costing you absolutely nothing.

BUT YEAH. Those are what the shorts looked like!! You can make shorts for summer out of any old trousers, but remember when making alterations ALWAYS TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT, GROWING SPACE (if you're still growing that is)

The third pair..

£6 - Primark, Denim & Co (these are women's, I advised women's jeans if you're a boy who likes to wear tighter bottoms)

2 GOOD - PRICE, COMFORT
1 BAD - BREAK EASILY




I know you think that this is kind of pointless, but it's not! By rolling up your jeans to reveal your sock, your outfit becomes less about the trousers and more about your trendy sock of choice for the day! That little logo or that funky design on your sock can change a whole outfit.


Pls give me more ideas as I've been surprisingly unimaginative with this!! Also, do leave comments below if I've managed to ease any of your shopping addictions.

Stay tuned, stayed blessed!
@ZachEkpe - Twitter & Instagram

Next Blog's going to be music (Grime) : - Big H vs P Money Lord Of The Mics 6 Clash - 'WHO'S DV REVL OG?'

No comments:

Post a Comment